Villa near Prague
published in magazines/revues:
- Můj dům (My House) 2/2003
- Living 2/2004
- Můj dům 4/2004
- BMW revue 4/2004
- Moderní byt (Modern Apartment) 6/2004
Architect Teply Design completely designed, projected and delivered this villa (from the study to the furniture). Two of the cleanest geometric shapes, the squere and circle, were used in the design of this house. The above mentioned principle together with pyramidal roofing respects the ancient wisdom of feng-shuei. Not only the shape but also the roof, which commemorates wings, makes perception that the house, situated on the slope, will take off in a very short time. The house is progressive not only in design, but also in energy efficiency and sustainebility.
- Three self-sufficient/self-sustaining apartments for three generation with one common space around a winter garden
- The long balcony/the strip balcony of the south facade provides shade in the Summer and takes advantages of the greenhouse effect in the Winter.
- Due to the innovative layout and construction a small 9kW heater is sufficient to heat the whole house.
- The beds upstairs take advantages of pyramidal effect that delivers the energy.
- A double faced transparent fireplace is seen from both the kitchen and the living room. This fireplace has a castiron insert/inlay to heat the living room and some rooms upstairs.